Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Berry Salad

I just bought all the stuff to make this salad for a cookout this weekend and thought I would share. I'm not sure where this recipe originated, but I got it from my sister-in-law and tweaked it a little. It is the epitome of summer!

1 large pkg of spring mix lettuce
1 small pkg of baby spinach
1 1/2 cups of fresh sliced strawberries
1 small container of fresh blueberries
1 cup of feta cheese crumbles
1 cup of glazed pecans
1/2 cup of poppy seed dressing (I prefer Marzetti)
1/4 to 1/3 cup of water

Put your lettuce in a large bowl. Top the lettuce with your berries, pecans and feta cheese. In a shaker - mix your poppy seed dressing and water. Add dressing just before serving and toss. It is an easy side dish to take for a cookout or a family dinner. You can play with the water and dressing to get it to the consistency you want. I like it thin so that it coats the lettuce well. The berries can also be substituted with the berries of your choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment