Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DIY Wreath

I like to think that I am creative... so I wanted to share the wreath I made, along with instructions!


So in order to make this particular wreath I bought 3 different colors/patterns of felt - 2 sheets of each color, 1 button maker kit from the fabric department (they are super easy to use and very cheap!), 2 rolls of outdoor ribbon - 1 inch width, a foam wreath form, a cute wooden letter from Hobby Lobby, and I roll of yarn. 

You will also need a hot glue gun to attach everything.

I started with my letter and wrapped it in yarn. I used the hot glue gun to attach it where I started, and at a few turns along the way to secure it. This part doesn't have to be perfect, but you want to cover as much of the letter as possible. 

For the felt flowers... I did not actually make these, but I have since made some. You just make your own pattern with circles and cut them to your liking. For the ones with loops, you just cut the strips and make the loops and secure with hot glue. The ones that look like fans, you cut the felt and fold it over, then secure with the button. The button kit will give you instructions on how to make the buttons. The felt is tough to deal with because it is thick, but just use a little bit of strength!  You can google felt flowers and will come of with tons of ideas and instructions!

After you have everything ready to accessorize your wreath, wrap your foam wreath form with the ribbon. Wrap it at an angle so that you are able to cover all of the foam. Hot glue your letter and flowers in place, and voila... you have a great looking wreath for your front door! 



No comments:

Post a Comment