Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Shredded Chicken Wraps

Here is another recipe. I get these ideas in my head... and yesterday all I could think about is how I wanted a chicken burrito from the Mexican restaurant in town... but I wanted to try and make it myself, but better!

Shredded Chicken Wraps

4 large chicken breasts
tomato bouillon with chicken flavor ( I use the Knorr brand Caldo de Tomate... and it is not just good for this recipe, I use it for lots of things!)
1 cup of sour cream
1 package of ranch seasoning
3/4 cup of salsa - I like to use a chunky salsa for this!
1/4 cup jalapeno slices
6 to 8 tortillas - we use the carb smart tortillas
1 can of enchilada sauce

white queso - optional

Steps

Cut your chicken breasts into smaller pieces. Add 2 tbsp of the bouillon to 1 cup of hot water and stir. Add chicken and bouillon mixture to skillet. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is done.

Shred/chop your chicken. I use the Pampered Chef chopper - you could also use a small food processor to chop it. I like the texture of the chicken to be fine.

Put your chicken back in the skillet and add your sour cream, ranch seasoning, jalapenos and salsa. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.

In a small sauce pan heat up your enchilada sauce, and if you choose to use queso - you can heat that up in the microwave.

Preheat oven to broil.

Stuff your tortilla shells and put your wraps in the oven on a cookie sheet under broil until slightly brown. Top with enchilada sauce before serving. This pairs well with Mexican rice and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment