Friday, April 15, 2011

really missing my soldier.. and other random happenings

I totally understand that my husband is away because he has a committment to the United States Army... however, that doesn't make my boredom any less painful. I didn't realize how much of my attention Josh has always taken, and since day 1 of our "relationship" that has not changed. (I only say relationship like that because Josh and I have known each other a lot longer than we have been together... but that is a whole other story in itself.) So, instead of being knee deep in plans for the weekend, I take what I can get, whether that is lunch with a friend, or dropping in on family that didn't invite me over. Josh has been the excitement and joy in my life, and without him here... things just stink.

Other than missing my sweet husband, doing Zumba, and dealing with my crazy dogs... the only other excitement in my life is WORK!  Oh yeah... customer service at its best. I get to deal with cranky customers and unruly sales reps every day. It is a tough job... but someone has to do it.

So having a job like mine, you never know what you are going to walk into that day. You could have all super nice people who really appreciate you and think your company is amazing, or you could have a day from the dark side... one rude person after another that thinks you are totally incompetent. I had one of those days today... under appreciated... and under paid :) I am thankful that I do have a job though... no matter how crappy of a day I have had.

There have been some really good days at work too... like the day I had a lady call in because she was looking for some candles for her daughters wedding. We only sell to retailers, and the lady was needing the candles THAT DAY... so I was trying to get her in contact with a business close to her that had what she needed. I put the lady on "hold" for a moment... which consists of me pressing the mute button on my end. As I am waiting to ask my supervisor a question... the lady is discussing with her daughter, the bride to be, that her underwear is riding up because the elastic is worn out.... OMG... at this point I am dying of laughter. The daughter then says, "Mom, they can probably hear you! You don't know if they can or not! I can't believe you just said that!" The mother then says so sure of herself that she is on hold and we most certainlly can not hear her.
I had considered picking up the phone and telling her that it was time for that pair of under wear to go, but could not find it in myself to totally humiliate the woman. I instead shared the conversation the lady had with her daughter to my entire department. So moral of that story is... if you call a company and you think you are on hold, GUESS AGAIN!


I am trying to muster the strength to go to bed alone... yet again. Hope you all have a wonderful evening and a fantastic weekend, while I try to find things to keep me occupied... like refinishing some more furniture... for example...

From   TO  

... still trying to find some drawer pulls that will fit the holes already there... no luck in that department! Now that I completed one small piece in this set... on to the dresser! Wish me luck :)






No comments:

Post a Comment